Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Shopping and Stockpile Report, 1/1/13

Here are my shopping and stockpile reports for my shopping trip on 12/21/12.

Bellatrix the puppy-a camera hog, and an important part of
our stockpile considerations
I went shopping on an "abnormal" day because I still needed to get Christmas gift shopping done, and because we have to go get wood on Sunday, which will be an all day deal. Because I was still shopping for our Christmas meal, there wasn't much extra money in the budget to stock up.


Here's what I did manage to stock up on:

3 extra cans of dog food
5 extra cans of cat food
3 extra jars of peanut butter, 1 crunchy, 2 smooth
2 extra 12 packs of Pepsi (which may actually get used this week due to Mr. S. having additional days off)
Enough winter chicken scratch ingredients to last until March, when I can move them to a summer blend

I did not find much on clearance or any unannounced sales while shopping. But, in all fairness, I did not actively look. This trip combined Christmas shopping with grocery shopping-something I usually try to avoid at all costs. It simply couldn't be avoided this trip. By the time I got to Walmart to even begin my grocery shopping, I had already been to four other stores. I was tired. That's the way it goes. I still have not had to buy any meat in several months, except our Christmas turkey and ham, and ground beef.

Now that Christmas shopping is over, and some major bills are paid off, I will be seriously working on restocking our pantry basics. I know that the perfect time to rebuild pantry stocks is during the Christmas season, but we were working on bare bones grocery budgets and just couldn't.

To see the corresponding meal plan for this week's shopping report, click here.


No comments:

Post a Comment